Tim Purman has worked for Forte Bank for 36 years. In his current role as President and CEO, he is responsible for all activities of Forte Bank and its subsidiaries which include, FNB Hartford Bancorp, Inc., the bank’s holding company; and Hartford Community Development Corporation which makes equity investments in projects that are designated as low-to-moderate income, blighted areas and job creation efforts.
Tim provides strategic direction and management of all deposit, loan and investment offerings by the bank and its subsidiaries. He also is responsible for shareholder relations for the bank’s holding company. Tim is active in the Wisconsin Bankers Association (WBA) and stays abreast of current events and legislation affecting community banks via the Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA).
Tim spent much of his youth working in agriculture, leading him to pursue a degree in Agricultural Science with an emphasis in Agri-finance and Farm Management. Tim earned his bachelor’s degree from Western Illinois University in 1982. He and his wife, Shari, have two adult children who were born and raised in Hartford. Tim and Shari enjoy being active in the community, spending time with family, and enjoying their cottage on Big Cedar Lake.
Above all, Tim believes that Forte Bank only prospers when we help our customers prosper, and as such, customers are the focus of everything we do.
Why a community bank? “I believe that community banks are at the very epicenter of the community — providing services that support stability and growth for individuals, businesses and organizations — all of which are essential for a vibrant community. Unlike big banks, community banks are highly invested in the communities they serve, and are engaged in helping the community as a whole to prosper.”
Professional Activities & Accreditations
- Wisconsin Bankers Association, Government Relations Committee, 2006-2010
- Banker's Bank Board of Directors, Member, 2019-Present
- Hartford Rotary Club, Member, Past Treasurer and President, 1992-Present
- Rotary Foundation, Paul Harris Fellow, 2015
- Hartford Community Development Authority, Director, 1996-Present
- Hartford Business Improvement District, Director, 2000-Present; President, 2008-2015
- Wisconsin Automotive Museum, Director, 2010-Present
- Jack Russell Memorial Library Campaign, Co-chairperson, 2009
- United Way of Washington County, Campaign Chairperson, 2001